First, there is some software that comes with the device but isn't shipped on the CD. It can be downloaded here. Some of the applications do require you to enter your serial number. The software I downloaded was:
- Versamail - needed for Outlook ActiveSync
- Voice Dialing - I have found this only marginally useful, especially with the Treo's ease of use and it's so-so accuracy
- Bejeweled - addictive Game
- Solitaire - obvious
- Palm Files - So you can browse files on the SD card
- IBM Java VM
- Gmail Java Application - Google didn't see to want me to d/l it using the mobile apps page, so the link there is direct to the jar file. I also linked to 1.1.0 instead of 1.1.1 or 1.5.0 since 1.1.0 seemed to work the best.
- Google Maps
Phone Display Preferences (General Preferences on older Treos):
- Change 'Show DialPad' to 'Show Wallpaper' and select a background image.
- Change 'Typing dials phone number' to 'Typing starts contact search'
- I set the Favorites Buttons Rows to 1.
- I turn off the 'Blink green LED when in coverage' on the 650, but the 755 doesn't seem to have that setting.